Monday, April 19, 2010

Potato Wedges

P1855_19-04-10

Glorious comfort food! A round of applause for the bowl full of carbo people!! I have been pretty good and managed to stay away from snacks for the past few months, but the recent rainy weather broke my resolution today! It didn't help that I had too many potatoes on hand, it was the perfect excuse to do something about the potatoes before they grow shoots and turn bad!

The good news is that we had this for an early dinner, technically it means I didn't have a snack after all muahahahhaa....

You don't have to be a genius to fix this quick snack. A creamy, cheese sauce would definitely go nicely with the potato wedges but being the lazy person that I am, I took the shortest cut and laid cheese slices on hot wedges! Now, there's nothing creamy about sticky melted cheese so in comes the mayo to smoothen things out.

 P1856[01]_19-04-10 

You will need:

2-3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges. Fry or bake the wedges, according to your preference.

Chilli sauce

Mayonaise

2-3 Cheese slices

While the wedges are still piping hot, transfer into the serving bowl and lay strips of the cheese slices on top. Watch the cheese melt if you wish, drizzle the chilli sauce and mayo. Ready to be gobbled!

P1859_19-04-10 

Addiction Warning to potato lovers: This dish may cause serious addictions. Cravings should not be taken lightly. Consult a medical practitioner near you.

6 comments:

  1. I am not showing this to the husband; he will tell me to make it "now" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, alooos can be that irresistable I know :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am gonna speak in my Hydro Urdu:
    --> Nakko karo Nisa... Itna zulm nahi hona aapa... aise acche acche high calorie mast photos daale toh khaak hoti gym... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolz, my in-laws would be happy to read Deccan Urdu on their Pakistani bahu's blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a simple but superb recipe. I will try this for sure one day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. yupp, so simple that it allows a person to make this as often as he/she likes and end up with unwanted pounds!

    ReplyDelete