Friday, April 23, 2010

Cinnamon Toast

P0757_19-04-10

Recipes do not get any simpler than this! In fact, I think there is no recipe in this post!

If you love cinnamon, you would love this humble toast. I make this for breakfast and even teatime. A chewy, warm toast tastes just like a cinnamon pretzel to me!

P0749_19-04-10 

I keep a mixture of cinnamon and sugar in a container, always ready to be sprinkled on my buttered toasts ;) All you need to do is mix some sugar with a dash or two or three of cinnamon powder, depending on how strong you want the flavour to be. You can use this mixture on doughnuts, pancakes, cakes etc.

P0758_19-04-10

Butter, sugar and cinnamon sure make an amazing combination!

P0754[01]_19-04-10

I'm always amazed at how well cinnamon goes in apple recipes and carrot cakes and even chai! Wonder who came up with the idea.  Aside from it's culinary uses, cinnamon has many medicinal properties. My hyperlink is not working right now otherwise I would insert some links on the health benefits of cinnamon. Do google the info, you will be amazed at the medicinal properties and common uses of good old cinnamon!

6 comments:

  1. I am going off to make this, so will comment later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arey, I left a comment here a couple of days ago. Woh kahaan chala gaya?!

    Anyway, I made this and it turned out great (without any effort whatsoever). So no more banana bread for me; this one's much easier to make :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry Nadia, I just published ur 1st comment! :D

    I have more cinnamon recipes coming up, specially for u and me! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looking forward to those recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this yesterday as supper for FK. Light but he liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. great! and we shall all live happily ever after with cinnamon toast :P

    ReplyDelete